Firefighters put out a camper and brush fire Friday morning. It happened shortly after 7am behind the former Super Kmart in Port Huron Township. Captain Jason Diaz from the Port Huron Township Fire Department says the driver of the camper had stopped at the location due to a mechanical issue and was smoking a cigarette. “He was making a pot of coffee, and discarded the cigarette out the window,” said Diaz. “Lo and behold, brush and then the back of the camper caught on fire.” The blaze caused a large plume of smoke to rise over the west side of Port Huron and was under control as of 8am.